How to Use Jumper Cables to Jump Start a Car
Park your car [DEAD] facing or next to the car giving you the jump [BOOST] and open both the hood. Both cars should be off. Here¡¯s the part you need to pay attention to:
1. Make sure both vehicles are turned off.
2. Connect one end of the red clamps to the postive (+) post of the dead battery
3. Connect another end of red clamps to the positive (+) post of the good battery
4. Connect one end of the black clamps to the negative (-) post if the good battery
5. Connect another end of the black clamps to the frame bumper or engine block of the dead battery. DO NOT CONNECT DIRECTLY TO THE NEGATIVE (-) POST.
6. Make sure clamps from one cable do not accidentally touch the clamps of the other cable.
7. Start the working vehicle
8. Wait 1-2 minutes, start the dead vehicle, and then keep the vehicle running for a few minutes for recharging the battery.
9. Disconnect the cable clamps in the reverse order.
- Heavy duty 3 meters 800Amp rating booster cables with PVC-coated clamps that fit both top and side post batteries. The copper-plated aluminum wire cables can handle most booster situations and their 3 meters length gives you more convenience.
- PVC-insulated cable,heat,oil and acid resistant,low temperature resistance(-104¨H/-40¡æ);Rugged pvc-coated insulated clamps;Copper clad aluminum cable core.
- Length:3meters/9.84ft--Diameter of the cable:125mm/4.9inches--Weight:2.4kg--Colour Coded Red (+) & Black (-)
- Used to jump start, or give a quick boost of energy to vehicles that have dead or drained batteries.Easy storage and no tangles.Great rescue or emergency must.
- Ideal for use with full size cars and cargo vans, mid-size pickup truck and freight hauling vehicles.Suitable for 6V, 12V, 24V applications.